Longhorn Spicy Chicken Bites are a classic appetizer that packs a punch with every bite. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a fun dinner idea, these chicken bites are the perfect way to spice up your meal.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the step-by-step process for making Longhorn Spicy Chicken Bites, as well as tips for serving and storing them. So let’s get started!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- Start by preheating your oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 375 degrees F. While the oil is heating up, you can prepare the chicken bites.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well so that all the spices are evenly distributed.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and water. This will be your egg wash for the chicken.
- In a third shallow dish, add the panko bread crumbs. Panko breadcrumbs are perfect for this recipe because they’re light and crispy, which gives the chicken bites a great texture.
- To start breading the chicken, take a piece of chicken and coat it in the flour mixture. Be sure to shake off any excess flour before moving on to the next step.
- Next, dip the chicken into the egg wash, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Finally, coat the chicken in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to make sure they stick.
- Once your oil is heated to 375 degrees F, it’s time to start frying the chicken. Use a slotted spoon to carefully place the chicken bites into the hot oil.
- Fry the chicken bites until they’re golden brown and crispy, which should take about 3-4 minutes. You can fry them in batches to ensure they cook evenly.
- While the chicken is frying, you can prepare the spicy sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the hot sauce, honey, and butter. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sauce is heated through. This sauce is what gives the chicken bites their signature spicy flavor.
- Once the chicken bites are cooked, remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Toss the chicken bites in the spicy sauce until they’re fully coated.
- Serve the Longhorn Spicy Chicken Bites hot, garnished with chopped green onions or parsley, if desired.
Tips for Serving and Storing:
- These chicken bites are best served hot and fresh, so be sure to serve them right away.
- If you’re making these for a party, you can keep them warm in a 200 degree F oven until you’re ready to serve.
- Leftover chicken bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat them, place them in a 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they’re heated through.
- You can also freeze the chicken bites for up to 2 months. To reheat them, place them in a 350 degree F oven
These chicken bites are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves spicy food. The combination of crispy chicken and spicy sauce is irresistible, and they’re easy to make at home. Give them a try and enjoy a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion!