Welcome to my recipe blog! Today, we’ll be making a delicious Lemon Poppyseed Cheesecake. This dessert is versatile and impressive, making it an ideal choice for any occasion.
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and caster sugar. Incorporate the butter and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the cold water to the mixture and stir until the dough is formed. Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it in the prepared cake pan. Press the dough firmly into the bottom of the pan and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it achieves a lightly golden color. Remove the crust from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and ricotta cheese until smooth. Incorporate the lemon curd and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the poppyseeds.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. Once it has cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add in the caster sugar, beating until the meringue is glossy and stiff.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Pipe the meringue on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the cheesecake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly browned.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. Once it has cooled, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the cheesecake chilled and enjoy!
That’s it for our Lemon Poppyseed Cheesecake recipe. I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I did. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy baking!